Registration is open for the 17th Annual Virginia Health Law Legislative Update and Extravaganza. The standard fee is $110. Public sector, in-house lawyer and law students can register for $45.
This annual update will provide 4.0 MCLE Credits in three segments:
Panel discussion of legislative issues
During the first portion, Pat Devine of Williams Mullen will moderate a discussion and debate among a blue-ribbon panel expected to include:
- William A. Hazel, Jr., MD, secretary of Health & Human Resources
- Keith Hare, president of the Virginia Health Care Association
- Cynthia B. Jones, director of the Department of Medical Assistance Services
- Alexander M. Macaulay of Macaulay & Burtch, P.C., who represents the Virginia Pharmacists Association
- Douglas H. Gray, executive director of the Virginia Association of Health Plans
- Ann Hughes, lead lobbyist for the Medical Society of Virginia
- Kim Snead, executive director of the Joint Commission on Health Care, and
- R. Brent Rawlings, vice president of the Virginia Hospital & Healthcare Association
The focus will be the healthcare-related actions taken during the 2015 session of the Virginia General Assembly and those which are anticipated to be addressed during the 2016 session.
Discussion of COPN study and policy issues
The second part will feature a discussion moderated by Elizabeth A. Breen of Hunton & Williams LLP. The panel will include: Matthew M. Cobb of Williams Mullen; Director of Health Policy Studies at the Cato Institute Michael F. Cannon; and Director of the Center for Health Care Facilities Planning and Development of the Maryland Health Care Commission, Paul E. Parker.
Discussion of telemedicine legislation and policy issues
The third installment of the day will be moderated by Jeremy A. Ball of McCandlish Holton. The panel will include: Joseph P. McMenamin of McMenamin Law Offices; Thomas W. Greeson of Reed Smith; and Medical Director of the UVA Hospital Office of Telemedicine and Director of the Center for Telehealth Karen Rheuban, M.D.
Click here for a printable agenda.
How to register
Register online (sign-in required) at the "Register" link under Registration Information above or click here for a printable registration form you can complete and return by fax, mail or email.
The event is sponsored by the VBA Health Law Section in cooperation with the Health Law Section of the Virginia State Bar.
Directions and parking
Click here for directions and parking information.
VBA Health Law resources
The VBA Online CLE catalog includes 18 titles on health law topics for Mandatory Continuing Legal Education credit.
After Party Invitation