This course, limited to 32 attendees, is sold out. Email email@example.com if you would like to be placed on a waiting list.
The VBA Law Practice Management Division is a co-sponsor of this course.
Find course information on the Virginia CLE website.The course planner is Professor David H. Spratt, author of the Writer's Block columns in the VBA Journal. A Virginia CLE brochure detailing the program schedule and faculty will be available shortly.
The program will provide classroom instruction as well as significant hands-on writing and editing experience for participants, working in small groups. Attendees not only will learn about effective legal writing techniques, but will also have opportunities to work on written products of their own with the oversight of the faculty.
The workshop will focus on:
- Basic grammar and writing strategies
- Tailoring your legal writing to your recipients and purpose
- Effectively writing a discussion or argument
- The importance of persuasive characterization and fact emphasis
- Understanding, and implementing, roadmaps and transitions
- Ethical considerations in legal writing
Plan to register early, because the course is expected to fill quickly. Space is limited to allow personal attention to attendees’ written products.
It is anticipated that the program will qualify for 11.0 MCLE credits, including 1 Ethics credit.