Administrative Law Section Annual Fall Ethics CLE
Map this event »
State Corporation Commission
1300 East Main Street
Richmond, Virginia 23219
What to Expect
This annual event, sponsored by the Administrative Law Section, is free of charge. Leslie A.T. Haley, of ParkHaley, LLC, and Marni E. Byrum, of McQuade Byrum PLLC, will present a 2 hour Ethics CLE program for a maximum of 50 registrants. This free event will fill up quickly. Register for free at the link above.
"A Delicate Balance: Creating the Law Practice of Tomorrow with Today's Ethics' Rules."
A closer look at the future of law practice in light of the current ethics rules and potential changes in the area of technology, advertising, fee sharing and alternative business practices.
- An overview of the Report of the Study Committee on the Future of Law
- Rule 1.1 - Competency
- Rule 1.6 - Confidentiality
- Rule 5.4 - Professional Independence
- Rules 7.1 - 7.5 - Lawyer advertising
Other issues on the horizon
- Rule 6.1 - Pro Bono Service - aspiration or requirement
- ABA Model Rule 8.4 - Ethical violations arising from discrimination
- 3 p.m. - Ethics Presentation, 2.0 (2.0 Ethics) MCLE hours anticipated.
- 5:30 p.m. - Reception at Southern Railway Taphouse (short walk from the SCC)
Join the VBA and VSB Administrative Law sections at Southern Railway Taphouse immediately following the CLE presentation from 5:30-7:30. Drinks and appetizers will be provided. No fee, but please register to let us know you will be there.
« Go to Upcoming Event List